Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo – the sudden sensation that the room spinning or your head is spinning.
BPPV can be characterized by brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness. Symptoms may be triggered by specific changes in the position of your head, and by lying down, turning over, or sitting up in bed.
Prehab’s Arthur Keegan Specializes in Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy
Sometimes called VRT, Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy is a unique form of physical therapy designed to eliminate or lessen these symptoms using habituation exercises or the Epley Maneuver. These techniques help with the following:
- Reduce the sensations of dizziness
- Improve stability while moving
- Reduce the incidence of falling
- Improve neuromuscular coordination
- Decrease anxiety due to vestibular disorientation